Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
Five stars affected
Corona case is becoming more and more bitter for FC Bayern
Niklas Süle is tested positive for the corona virus among the national soccer team. Four other national players have to leave with the defender. This is particularly bitter for FC Bayern: Four of its professionals are considered contact persons and have to be in quarantine.
After the positive corona test by national player and Bayern professional Niklas Süle, Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting, the fourth Bayern professional, is in quarantine. This was announced by the German record champions. Joshua Kimmich, Jamal Musiala and Serge Gnabry had previously left the national team. “You had contact with Süle,” it said. All four had previously tested negative but were classified as contacts. Süle himself is in domestic isolation, “he’s fine”.
“The length of the quarantine depends on the local health department and the tests,” said DFB doctor Dr. Tim Meyer at a press conference of the DFB. He could not say whether the national players who had left their clubs would be out for the first time. The health department at the place of residence of the contact person is responsible for imposing measures, in the case of Bayern professionals the Munich-Land health department. From the local requirements it can be seen that in the event of a complete vaccination or recovery, there is no quarantine.
Otherwise “the quarantine at home” ends when the close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case is at least 14 days ago, no symptoms typical of Covid-19 occurred during the quarantine and a negative test carried out no earlier than 14 days after the last close contact The result shows with the presence of the negative test result “, it says in an announcement of the Bavarian State Ministry for Health and Care. However, according to the health department, free testing is possible after seven days – if the quartet of Kimmich, Gnabry, Musiala and Choupo-Moting do not test positive and remain symptom-free.
“Special care” for newcomers and co.
According to information from Sky, Manuel Neuer and Leroy Sané, who had already been vaccinated, traveled to Wolfsburg together with Süle and the German national players, who have now been quarantined. Both are not affected by the measures taken by the health department. For the other four participants in the “Süle travel group”, Meyer announced that the DFB team would provide “special support” with minimizing contact and making their own trips to training, for example, as well as additional tests.
Bavaria was plagued by numerous corona cases as early as February. With Leon Goretzka, Javi Martinez, Müller and Benjamin Pavard, four of the record champions’ players were infected within a very short time. Bayern Munich last complained about a corona case in July 2021. World champion Corentin Tolisso tested positive and went into domestic isolation in his native France. Most recently, FC Bayern head coach Julian Nagelsmann was absent for four games due to a corona infection. Apart from Nagelsmann himself, no other FC Bayern employee had to go into quarantine.
After the emotional vaccination debate about Joshua Kimmich, the DFB ensemble was overtaken by the pandemic shortly before the last two games in the World Cup qualification. The team of national coach Hansi Flick is currently preparing for Thursday’s game against Liechtenstein in Wolfsburg.
“Of course you had to expect it. We knew what was in store for us, we have to accept it and deal with it,” said DFB director Oliver Bierhoff. Now FC Bayern must also find a way to deal with the temporary loss of five players. Due to the international break, the next Bundesliga game will not take place until November 19 (at FC Augsburg), after which the record champions will go to Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League on November 23.