Next Wednesday (November 3rd) the corona warning level will be declared in Baden-Württemberg. What does this mean for sport in the country?
The warning level is proclaimed if the hospitalization incidence reaches or exceeds 8.0 on five working days in a row or the occupancy rate of the intensive care beds in Baden-Württemberg reaches or exceeds 250 on two consecutive working days. On Friday, October 29th, 257 Covid cases were treated in intensive care, thus the value of 250 was exceeded. On Monday (public holiday) the value was 276. On Tuesday (November 2nd) the value with 284 treated Covid19 intensive care patients clearly exceeded the 250. This means that the value is exceeded on the second working day in a row. The warning level will therefore be declared from Wednesday, November 3rd.
According to the Württemberg Football Association (wfv), the general conditions for playing football and for organizing football matches as an organizing club change in the warning level:
- For the Outdoor area and thus access to the sports grounds is generally valid 3G control (with quick test). The home clubs are responsible for ensuring that the guidelines are adhered to.
- For the use of Interiors or the cabin area applies 3G Plus scheme, ie people who have not been vaccinated or who have not recovered must have a current PCR test (not older than 48 hours).
- The visiting clubs can provide proof that all players meet the respective requirements by submitting a corresponding form to the home club.
- Clubs can also opt for the 2G option model in the organization of their home games at the warning level. In this case, on the one hand, the full spectator capacities of the respective venues can be used, and on the other hand, there is no mask requirement. However, for reasons of association law, the home clubs may not extend the restriction to 2G to players and other active players (referees, functional teams, etc.). Participation in gaming operations must continue to be possible for all active players on the basis of the general legal requirements.
- The individual use of cabins and sanitary rooms is permitted in the warning level with 3G proof. This will primarily affect referees if they do not use the premises as a team.
No restrictions for students
Children up to and including 5 years of age and children who have not yet started school are generally exempt from the obligation to test or the entry and participation ban. The same applies to all students: they are generally considered to be tested because they are tested three times a week in school. They are also exempt from the 2G regulation in the alert level. People up to and including 17 years of age who no longer go to school can alternatively present a negative antigen rapid test in the warning and alert level.